- All individuals who completed schooling, ITI, diploma, degree and engineering are eligible and can become an IRACS certified Rope access professionals.
- Minimum age is 18 years and physical fitness.
There are 3 Levels of Certifications from Level 1 to Level 3. Click the link below for more information.
What is Rope Access
The industrial rope access system is a safe way of working with ropes that is globally accepted and used for a wide range of tasks in various industries. Only a certified, competent person is authorized to work on ropes when carrying out rope access activities. If an incompetent person is involved with rope access work, incidents or accidents may occur. There are criteria that must be met in order to be certified as a competent person and these competencies are recognized through certification. IRACS defines criteria for rope access qualification through training, examination and certification as per ISO/IEC 17024:2012.
There are several advantages to using rope access methods, the most notable being safety and speed. Workers can get to and from difficult locations quickly and with minimal impact on other operations, surrounding areas, and the environment. This reduces the total man-hours and perceived level of risk for a particular task when compared with other means of access and their associated risks and costs.
Where Rope Access is Used
Rope access provides a safe and efficient way to access difficult or hard-to-reach areas. It is used extensively in a variety of industries, for example some of the industries where rope access is used
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Offshore & Onshore Facilities
- Cement Industry
- Petrol Chemical Industry
- Tele Communication Industry
- Windmill Industry
- Marine – Ship & Rig Industry
- Steel Manufacturing Industry
- Civil Industry
- High Rise Buildings
In the dynamic and demanding industries of offshore and onshore, oil & gas, cement plant, steel plant, wind turbine, telecom towers, marine sectors such as FPSO and RIG, civil and high rise buildings operations ensuring the safety of workers while maintaining operational efficiency is of paramount importance. Traditional access methods often pose challenges in terms of accessibility, cost, and time. However, the emergence of IRACS rope access techniques has revolutionized these industries by providing a safe and efficient solution for accessing hard-to-reach areas.
Here are some benefits of engaging IRACS certified access professionals – Click here to learn more
Rope access, also known as industrial rope access or abseiling, is a method of accessing difficult-to-reach areas for various industries, such as construction, maintenance, inspection, and repair. It offers unique job opportunities for individuals with specialized skills. Rope access technicians are responsible for carrying out tasks such as inspection, maintenance, and repair of structures, equipment, and installations at height or in confined spaces. They require certification from rope access certification body.
IRACS (International Rope Access Certification Scheme) is the Certification Body operates certification scheme for rope access professionals.
There are many career opportunities in Rope Access Profession. Some of the well-known Job Scopes are as follows but not limited to:
- NDT -Non-Destructive Testing
- All kind of welding, cutting and repair works.
- Painting of Storage tanks, chimney, Column and Vessels.
- Blasting and Painting of Steel Structures at heavy industries.
- Windmill Tower Blade Inspection and Maintenance
- Structural and Tank inspections
- Bridge inspection
- Sealant installation on high-rise buildings glasses.
- Sand blasting and pressure washing
- Cleaning and painting of buildings
- Maintenance and repair
- High Rise works such as glass cleaning, painting and repair works.
- Instrument installation
- Rock scaling and anchoring
- Onshore and Offshore
- Geological survey
It is common practice among all the industry and employer that upon hiring the employees, all employees should undergo a company specific examination criteria if there is no recognized certification to any specific qualification. IRACS rope access personnel are certified as per the requirement of ISO/IEC 17024:2012 standard. All the IRACS certified persons are competent for rope access activity.
Benefits of IRACS Certification
An individual certified by IRACS will be recognized internationally by all the employers. There are few highlight from the many and those are as follows.
- IRACS certification provides a recognized benchmark of competence that can be aligned to international standards
- IRACS certified persons are typically more productive and work to consistent standard
- IRACS certification can reduce downtime for employers because certified members have the competence
- Gaining certifications can be aligned to performance-related pay
- Enhanced employer satisfaction
- IRACS certified persons are more employable, this is due to the fact that certified individuals are more productive than the non-certified personnel
To know about Training schedules and location of Authorized Training Provider (ATP), mail us on [email protected]